Pages - Menu

Saturday, December 11, 2010

I'm On Holidays!!

I don't mean to rub it in (sorry Joy), but... I'm on holidays. Five blissful weeks of no work! Which hopefully means lots and lots of creating time, yay!

So to start of just right I made a card. I am loving Tim Holtz's 12 Days of Christmas Tags this year and decided to play with one of the techniques he used.

This is such a simple yet effective technique. I stamped my teddy bear image and then used distress inks to colour the white card stock. Then I stamped the Hero Arts Old Letter Writing on top, sprinkled with water drops and dried with my heat gun. Next I distressed the edges, added some ribbon, a cute little rattle from PTI and a tag with a rub on sentiment.

I am playing along with CASE Study Challenge #18, which was to case this card by Nina Brackett.


I hope all your Christmas preparations are coming along nicely and you are not too stressed. Have a fun weekend.

Jay Gee

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is just A-dor-Able! Love the distressing.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Beautiful, technique packed card, Judith! It looks dreamy, and I love how you made the bear almost glow :) Thank you for playing!

Ange Kelly said...

Gorgeous card Judith, I love the techniques you used onthis card!

Joy said...

Super cute card Judith, love the techniques that you used...Oh and yeah thanks for rubbing it in..actually you made me laugh, hugs!

lotte chew said...

beautiful!!! love the teddy!! and also the techniques that you used on the card!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cute! What an adorable baby card! Love the cute little details like the rattle and that beautiful seam binding! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Simone said...

Aww that is so not fair! lol!! I wish i was on hols and had 5 nice weeks off! Your card is so beautiful Judith! Love that technique! Hope you are having an awesome break! :)

Sue Kohler said...

so nice to see a non christmas card! what a super sweet card, love the water drops effect! enjoy your 5 weeks off, looking forware to seeing what you create!! thanks for sharing at CASE study! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

I love the technique you did on your card. It came out fabulous! I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying your holidays!!! Have fun! :)