Pages - Menu

Friday, April 22, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #36

Happy Good Friday everyone!

I hope you all enjoy this long weekend and that you have time to spend with loved ones, have some fun and perhaps sneak in some crafty time.

It's been ages since I played along with CASE Study - I can't believe they are already up to challenge #36!

Here is the inspiration card from Silke.


My card is a bit of a loose interpretation, but when I saw that checkered paper from PTI, this card immediately jumped into my head. (don't ask me why!). I also stuck with red for my main image.


The boat is a sizzix die which I distressed and added some buttons to. The sentiment is a rub-on and the clouds are also from PTI.

Don't forget if you have some time today to enter our challenge - only 1 day left :) Click the link on the side bar.

Thanks so much for popping by today.

Jay Gee

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Judith, this is an adorable card. I love that the edges are slightly distressed...and those buttons are perfect!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is fabulous, Judith! I love the grid paper and the sponging. The buttons as life-preservers are so much fun!

Julie said...

love your card

~amy~ said...

Judith, I just adore your style!

Ange Kelly said...

Judith, this card is totally cute! Love that die and the distressing ... Cheers Ange

jen said...

this is so fun! I adore those buttons on the boat!!! :D

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love your take on the CASE card and let me tell you, its a good thing you don't know about Peeps (I'm not a fan, sugar, sugar and more sugar). Just thought I'd share.

jestar said...

Gorgeous card! Perfect colours and nice distressing :)

Aimes said...

I love your interpretation! Y'know it was that same panel of DP that jumped out at me (though I've used most of my PTI bitty box basics already!)
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Ros said...

Gorgeous cards!! those flowers are beautiful ..

Isha said...

Cute n adorable card. TFS.

Brandi said...

This is such a cute card. I just love the little sailboat. I am in the process of trying to buy some of those cloud dies. I just love them!

~Tammy~ said...

Judith I love this adorable card! I like your take on it! Too cute! I love the PP! Have a great weekend!

lostinpaper said...

What a fabulous interpretation of the CASE. Me & my CAS brain can definitely see where you came from, not to mention that I am a sucker for all things grid & red! Oh, and those clouds are cool too!

Sue Kohler said...

Beautifully done Judith! a gorgeous tribute to silke's card, but you have made it your own!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Super duper sweet card Jay! Thank you for playing along! Hugs ~S~

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

CUTE!! Great twist on the inspiration!