Pages - Menu

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Design Team Cards

Hello everyone. It's a beautiful sunny day here in Townsville, so I am busy doing lots of laundry - yeah for me! (would much rather be doing something fun).

We have had some truly amazing entries into this months challenge. If you have not played yet, you still have time - just click on the image on the sidebar to be taken to the challenge post.

Lets have a look at some fabby cards by the design team.

Ange has made another gorgeous card perfect for our current challenge. The lovely stamped background, the focal label and sentiment all come from Hero Arts/Basic Grey's 'Sweet Threads Labels' set. I think I need to get myself some of that wonderful ribbon!


Joy's fabulous, earthy card uses one of my favourite stamps from A Muse - 'Marigold'. (These are all on special at the moment). I love the look of distressing she created on the woodgrain embossed paper.


I love, love this design by Angeline! The placement of all her elements is just perfect. The gorgeous stamps are from Hero Arts/Basic Grey 'Carte Postage'. Aren't those little square buttons cute.


This week I am playing along with CASE Study Challenge #53, which is to case a card by Iowna (Chupa). For anyone familiar with Iowna's work, you will know how amazingly talented she is. A visit to her blog is a real treat and you will be spoiled for choice! I have cased this card (the second card).

The houndstooth border is from Practicing Creativity's 'Retro Christmas Backgrounds' - the border itself is a die-namics die 'Simply Scallops Medium'. The deer is coloured in copics and is from Lawn Fawn's 'Critters in the Snow'.
Me

I hope you enjoyed you visit... have a wonderful day :)

Jay Gee

20 comments:

Joy said...

Love everyone's cards this week and Judith you are sparking my Christmas mojo, wonderful card!

Jen W. said...

Every week I think you ladies won't be able to outdo yourselves but then Sunday rolls around and you all rock your cards again! Gorgeous!

Ange Kelly said...

Love your colouring this week Judith! and that houndstooth strip is fabulous ... Cheers Ange

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

WONDERFUL and very inspiring cards!Thanks! Another super cute Christmas card Judith, love the houndstooth pattern with the sweet LF image.

me said...

Sew cute Christmas Card! Well pair with those stamps set :) The black/white twine are just perfect for the card!

Hugs,
Angeline

kasia c. said...

LOVE your card Judith!! That reindeer is sooo cute, and your houndstooth border with the twine, is aweseome. :)

lostinpaper said...

Awesome DT cards!! I am totally loving your handstooth scalloped edging, what an adorable card!

One Paper Heart said...

Lovely cards from all,really like the 'carte postage' and the houndstooth always a favourite of mine.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Amazing cards, ladies! Judith, I'm totally over the moon to see your take on my card - it's fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

telephone service seo jobs backlinks backlinking

Lynn said...

Sundays are wonderful seeing your DT creations...I love your houndstooth border Judith!

Lynn said...

Sundays are wonderful seeing your DT creations...I love your houndstooth border Judith!

Karen B. said...

Wow, these are all amazing creations!Love what your design team, and yourself, come up with!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous cards by all, Judith! Your little reindeer is the sweetest. I love the houndstooth border with twine.

Brandi said...

This reindeer is adorable! I need to check the new challenge out since it deals with purple, my favorite!

Andrea Ewen said...

Sweet cards! Love the houndstooth accent on the last card with the twine...it looks amazing! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

Sue Kohler said...

You must be so proud of the gorgeous creations by your team!!
You card is simply stunning, the hounds tooth boarder sets it off brilliantly! an awesome tribute to Iwona's magical card!
Glad to have you on board at CASE study this week! :)

Cristina said...

Ah ha! I almost CASEd the same card! Your version is super cute. I love the houndstooth with the holiday theme.

Jenny said...

Love the DT inspiration, there are so many wonderful images on the montage to look at :)
Love your CASE card and congrats on it making top 3 :)
Jenny x

jestar said...

Love your reindeer card - so sweet! I'll have to check out Chupa's card :)