Pages - Menu

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Love My DT

Hello everyone!

Today I have some more inspiration for you from my fabulous design team. I am loving these girls!


Joy's card today is simple perfection! It's the little finishing touches she adds that really make this card. All stamps are from A Muse and the twine is from The Twinery.


Today Ange is using Just My Type from Lawn Fawn. I love the way Ange has used the other stamps in the set to make her background paper. This is great for a masculine card.

For my cards today, I decided to use Practicing Creativity's Christmas Wonder set again. For a sentiment set, it has a lot of versatility. On both cards I tried the 'distress ink stamp block' technique from Jennifer McGuires' Thinking Inking Week 2 class. I don't have a very big stamp block so I hunted around and found a sugar bowl in the kitchen that had a flat bottom and inked that up. I then cut the circle out using my Spellbinders and stamped the snowflakes and 1st part of the sentiment. The small snowflake comes with the Christmas Wonder set.


The big words in this sentiment set are easy to colour in for a different look. To finish I added some rhinestones and a glittered snowflake.


My stamp block just managed, with a little maneuvering, to cover this tag. It's a little hard to see in the photo but just above the letter C, I stamped the flourish from the set in VersaMark ink. I paper pieced the holly (also in the set) and added red rhinestones and of course some bakers twine to finish.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Remember to visit Joy and Ange's blogs for more details of their cards.

Jay Gee

5 comments:

Joy said...

Great cards Ange and Judith, love how you created the background on yours Ange, such a clever chick and Judith, very ingenious to use the bottom of a sugar bowl to create the effect that you were after. Fantastic work by you both, hugs!

Tammy said...

Judith you have just reminded me when I first started stamping I used a glass as my block ... for a long time as I recall thanks for the giggle and reminisce. All lovely cards girls.

Sue said...

Judith you have every right to luv these gals, they have made stunning cards with these sets!! I love the backgrounds on your cards, fabulous colours! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

These cards look fantastic!

Unknown said...

Love your card/tag this week Judith! I can't believe it's nearly christmas LOL!