Pages - Menu

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Design Team Post

Hello

Sorry I have been absent from the blog this past week, but I am sick at the moment and can't seem to shake it :(

Anyway, lets see what the girls have been up to.

Here is a super sweet baby card that Joy made using the new Lawn Fawn set 'Plus One'. Love all the glitter and those gorgeous pink buttons!


Joy

Ange has made a fun birthday card using the new Hero Arts / Basic Grey combo set called 'Life of the Party Cutouts'. And don't you just love that gingham paper... just can't get enough of this stuff!



I decided to use some of my Practicing Creativity stamps that have not seen ink for a while. The houndstooth pattern is from 'Retro Christmas Backgrounds' and I just stamped this with Versamark ink and then clear embossed. The central panel was done by dabbing various distress inks onto my clear stamp block and then spritzing with water. The sentiment from 'Everyday Prints' was also stamped with distress inks.

My husband likes the individual elements but does not believe the pink panel goes very well on the kraft card stock. Ummm... I may just agree with him.



Thanks for stopping by.

Jay Gee

10 comments:

Joy said...

Love the watercolour effect Judith, very striking card..hugs! Hope you are feeling a little better, me still not :(

Anonymous said...

TFS Joy - I'm liking your watercoloury spritzing. Will have to try that one I think!
Congrats on the Lawnscaping colour pop win btw ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Anonymous said...

Sorry I just realised I was reading Joy's comment at the same time as commenting and called you Joy! Doh - sorry Judith
Please feel free to call me a name that's not mine as revenge ;) Ruth x

Brandi said...

Judith,
I like the pink panel against the kraft and the neat watercolor effect. Hope you weren't sick on your birthday. Get well soon!

Unknown said...

Love that houndstooth stripe and the water colour effect on the panel too! Awsome card Judith ... hope you are feeling better soon xx Ange

Anonymous said...

I love your card Judith! The water colour effect is so fun! :)

Jen W. said...

Love that houndstooth and your spritzing background is so cool!

Sue said...

Wow, Judith, the combinations is stunning, the houndstooth and the superb technique around the sentiment! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Judith, these are all beautiful, and what do you mean about the pink not going with the kraft? EVERYthing goes with kraft! LOL Can you tell I LOVE kraft? Your card is fabulous and even with the reds and pinks, it would be great for a guy. I hope you're feeling better soon!!

Jane said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE all the cards!!