Pages - Menu

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Photo Friday Challenge

Hello

Time again for another entry into Carly's Photo Friday Challenge. This week our theme is love.


I immediately thought of holding hands - after 22 years of marriage, we still do this from time to time :)  I forced DH to stop what he was doing and come and pose with me (he was so happy to oblige, NOT!) :) We have this red wall in our house which I thought was the perfect symbolism for the theme.

I played around in Photoshop for quite a while - I wanted to have a black and white image but keep the red. I used 'replace colour', but it has made the red and shadows kind of grainy. Anyone know of an easier way?


Thanks for stopping by... why don't you grab your camera and join in :)

Jay Gee

10 comments:

Karen M said...

I love your photo Judith - what a wonderful idea! Your red background is great too, hugs x x

Michelle said...

Love it! I like the background, and I like how you've got your hands in perfect focus. I don't have photoshop, so can't offer any advice there.

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, this is so sweet! I love how the red looks like part of a heart.

Dawn T said...

Great photo Judith. Such a fun photo and I love how you edited it so the splash of red was still there.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't touch a thing...it is a good photo!
Cheryl McAskill
c.mcaskill@verizon.net

Carly said...

Oh wow this is such a sweet photo! Love the hit of red and I actually don't mind the grain, I think it gives it the look of real film. ((hugs))

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Judith, This photo is so romantic! He is a good sport for posing for you! It's our wedding anniversary today, We've been married 23 years!

Jenny said...

What a wonderful photo, I like the effect of the graininess too. Good for you having a play with photoshop :0)
Jenny x

Sue said...

so beautiful Judith, give hubby a big pat on the back for his part-lol!! what a fabulous take on the Love challenge! :)

Emma said...

How gorgeous Judith. Love that after all these years your Hubby still knows it's better to give in to you ;)

Perfect for Valentines Day.

Emma x